My Canada includes rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Love it or leave it! Peace.

Sunday, September 07, 2008


View Larger Map

Exile - In Production

"...It touches me to my very being, as it will do a small justice to those who gave up part of their lives to pioneer The High Arctic as you know my father died only 10 months after coming up here. He was only 56 as I am today..." - Larry Audlaluk to Zacharias Kunuk

In the early 1950s, the Canadian government relocates 30 Inuit families from Inukjuak, Northern Quebec, 1,500 km north to Ellesmere Island, a remote, barren, high arctic outpost, to confirm Canadian sovereignty and prevent Denmark or the United States from claiming Canada's largest island...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Canada includes rights of Indigenous Peoples.
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!
Peace.

Two Row Wampum Treaty

Two Row Wampum Treaty
"It is said that, each nation shall stay in their own vessels, and travel the river side by side. Further, it is said, that neither nation will try to steer the vessel of the other." This is a treaty among Indigenous Nations, and with Canada. This is the true nature of our relationships with Indigenous Nations of 'Kanata'.