Police are attempting to serve Kahentinetha Horn, publisher of Mohawk Nation News, with charges at her home. Special agents at the Canadian border attacked and beat Kahentinetha, 68, and she suffered a trauma induced heart attack on June 14. She is now in recovery from the heart attack. Katenies, Mohawk grandmother, was also beaten.
Please take action: Mohawk Nation News Alert: This phony colonial "border business" is getting even wilder! It's either the last gap of colonialism or else we are about to fall into another dark age. MNN internet can't send out articles from its list because it's been jammed for three days. Also no snail mail has arrived for about 10 days, not even bills except for the hydro. People can send donations for legal defense through PayPal at http://www.mohawknationnews.com/.
About Brenda Norrell
Personal Website http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com/
Biography Brenda Norrell has been a news reporter in Indian country for 25 years. She is currently based in Tucson and covers Mexico, the U.S. borders and the West, focusing on Indigenous Peoples and human rights.
Latest Notebook Entries
- Border Wall Endangers Indigenous Peoples Culture and Ceremonies
- Police attempting to serve Mohawk Kahentinetha, beaten at border, with charges
- Kahentinetha Horn recovering after attack on life by special forces at border
- Interview with Mohawk grandmother beaten by border agents
- Update: Mohawks Kahentinetha and Katenies in Custody When Beaten by Border Agents
- Mohawk Kahentinetha Horn beaten and hospitalized at border